If you are a college student then you know the struggle of studying till late nights or binging web series in the late night. So, you have only one motivation when you decide to wake up the whole night and that’s coffee. But that motivation vanishes once you realize that you need to make coffee by yourself. So, to make delicious at night, you need best coffee maker for your college.
The coffee maker also comes in handy when you need coffee during your class. You can make coffee in the morning and carry it to your class so that when you feel sleepy you can have it to get some kick. Also, coffee makers help you save a lot of money, over two semesters your java habit can be costly, or if you are someone who likes espresso then it would be even more costly. So you need to invest in something that has a one-time investment and good returns for the rest of the time.
If you are the only person in your room and you need to rush every day in the morning because of your waking up late habit then you need to get single-serve cup coffee makers. But if you are someone who lives with lazy roommates and need coffee at any time of the day then you can get a full-sized coffee maker. Full-sized coffee makers make stronger coffee and also have more features and are best if you are not alone.
Things To Consider While Buying A Coffee Maker For Your College
- Easy to clean/Easy to use: As a student, you need a coffee maker that is very easy to use and easy to clean because you can’t wait hours for your coffee to finish. Many coffee makers come up with a removable drip tray and removable hot water reservoirs which makes it very easy to clean. So always while getting a coffee maker always keep in mind to get a coffee maker which is very easy to clean and use.
- Suits your lifestyle: As mentioned above you need to get a coffee maker that perfectly suits your lifestyle, suppose you are someone who wakes up till late nights completing assignments or studying then you need a good coffee maker that can make you coffee at any time of the day/night. Also, if you are single then you need a single-serve coffee maker that comes in your budget and is handy as well.
- Occupies less space: You need to find a coffee maker that occupies less space and is portable and lightweight which supports my first point, as the coffee maker becomes easy to use. Also, if you live in a dorm room then a coffee maker which occupies less space is a must for you because you have so many things to fit in. So, choose the coffee maker wisely.
- Brew speed and amount of coffee: The most important point to keep in mind while buying the coffee maker is to know the brew speed of the coffee maker and the amount of coffee it can give. This is most important because you need a coffee maker that can produce coffee in less time, which depends on the brew speed of the coffee maker. Also, the amount of coffee must be kept in mind so that if you want to make a pot of coffee so that you can carry it to your college then you need a coffee maker that can make 12-20 ounces of coffee every time.
- Budget: The second most important thing to consider while buying a coffee maker is the budget. As a college student, you have less budget so you need to get a coffee maker that comes in your budget and has faster brew speed and produces more amount of coffee in less time. Also, you need to check for other features in the coffee maker in your budget. Even if it doesn’t come with all the features and has very few but important features and is in your budget then you should go for it so that you get a good product in hand.
- Branded and good quality: It might be the most important thing for some people to get a branded product but if you are tight with your budget then settling for non-branded but quality products is the best option for you. But if there are some branded products in your budget, then you need to consider the coffee maker in your list and compare it with other products so that you can get the best product available in the market.
- Features: Now, other things that can come in handy or might not be present in all the coffee makers but when they are available, they make the coffee maker best in the market. These features include a water reservoir, a hot water dispenser, a removable drip tray, a temperature control option, brewing time, markings on the pot to measure the water level, and many handy features that come with the coffee maker. So, keep in mind to buy a coffee maker that comes with some features so that making coffee would become easier for you. If these options aren’t available and also the coffee maker is branded and comes in your budget then you can go for the coffee maker because at the end of the day you need a good coffee that does the job for you.
- Electric or stovetop heat: Now, coming to the variety of the coffee maker since you are a student an electric coffee maker might come handy, but if you are someone who already has a stove with you then stovetop heat coffee maker can also be a good option if it comes in your budget. If you want to go with the trend you can get to go to an electric coffee maker, which might be the best option for you.
Also, while buying a good coffee maker keep in mind to buy a coffee maker that is reliable and durable so that it has more life than the usual coffee maker.
Now once we understood the main factors needed to buy a coffee maker lets understand the type of coffee makers available for college so that you can get a brief idea about the type and functions of different coffee makers.
Types Of Coffee Makers For College
1. K-Cup Coffee Maker:
You can call it the dream coffee maker, as it is the best coffee maker and many people wish to get the k-cup coffee maker as it the best one available in the market. It is very easy to use and they make the best coffee, as they say, “exactly as you like it”. The best thing about the K-Cup coffee maker is it is a perfect option to make hot coffee or hot tea or any hot beverage you wish to make, it the ideal one to do so. It satisfies all the factors mentioned in the buying guide of the coffee maker. Even if you have guests at your home or if you have frequent guests, it is the ideal one.
2. Single Serve Coffee Maker
As I have been mentioning if you are single and someone who needs to make coffee for the first thing in the morning, then a single-serve coffee maker is the best thing for you. The best thing about single-serve coffee makers is that they have a very small or tiny footprint and occupy no space, and have almost all the features the same as the regular coffee makers.
3. Portable Coffee Maker:
If you are planning a road trip or picnic and are also a fan of coffee and want to get a coffee maker with you on the road trip then portable coffee makers are the best coffee makers anyone can get. Some of the portable coffee makers also charge via USB or by car lighters, so you can use it that way too. If you want a coffee maker that folds up then you can check out the silicon coffee filters, they are an excellent choice for such coffee makers.
4. Programmable Coffee Maker:
If you are someone who has a habit of waking up late in the morning or someone who comes home in late nights and want coffee once you arrive then programmable coffee makers come to your rescue. With programmable coffee makers, you can set the brew time, and then your coffee is brewed at that time, also come coffee makers come with delay timers so if you are late that would not be a thing to worry about this coffee makers.
5. Thermal Coffee Maker:
Most of the coffee makers are made up of glass or durable material that allows the user to have a look at what’s happening inside the coffee maker. You can also see how much coffee is left after the brewing cycle is done. The thermal carafes used are double-walled, which prevent the heat from escaping from the carafe.
Now, I guess you have enough knowledge about coffee makers and the kind of coffee maker you need to get let’s dive into the best coffee makers available in the market so that you can get an idea of the kind of coffee maker and the brand you need to buy.
BEST COFFEE MAKERS FOR COLLEGE
Keurig is a brand that is ruling the coffee makers for a while now. It has been this iconic undisputed coffee maker brand that everyone wants to buy and use at least once. It is perfect for single-serve or full-sized coffee makers. If you are limited by your budget and want the best coffee maker then here it is, Keurig K15 is the best coffee maker you can get. Keurig products are reliable, fast, efficient, easy to use and the best. The performance of Keurig K15 is top-notch. It is the perfect machine to make lattes, hot chocolate, tea, etc.,
- The water reservoir can hold up to 40 oz of water.
- It comes with a hot water dispenser.
- Dimensions: 10.7×6.9×19.8 inches
- Weight: 1 pound
How much power does it use?
Ans: 1425 watts.
Can I use my coffee with this?
Ans: Yes, you can buy a k-cup adapter to do so.
Can I use a travel mug in it?
Ans: A 4-inch travel mug can fit in.
Black and Decker are people who like to have their coffee during their evening walk or after a morning jog. You can brew 15-oz ground or pod coffee at once, its great right? The filters are removable and reusable so you need not bother about removing and replacing the filters again and again. It is a perfect option for looking for a budget machine.
- It uses a drip system so that it can run effectively until the reservoir is out of water.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- It also comes with a filter basket.
- Dimensions: 25.9×17.8×17.5 cm.
- Weight: 635 grams.
Can I use a paper filter?
Ans: No need to use a paper filter as it automatically comes with reusable filters.
Is it easy to use?
Ans: It is very easy to use and perfect for serious students.
If you want a stylish elegant looking machine, or you want to create your private café at your home and are looking for a coffee maker that is available in different colors then this is the one you need to go for. It is available in five different colors and you can choose the one you like. It is available in green, red, black, blue, orange. Although you have different options the black one looks classy and more elegant than all others, so if you are up for any personal suggestions then you can go for black, although red also might be a good option as it is a bright color, it can give good feels in your kitchen.
- Consumes 800W power.
- It has a 12-oz built-in water reservoir.
- The automatic shut off comes handy as the machine shuts off after 3 minutes of inactivity.
- Dimensions: 4.3×7.5×9.8 inches
- Weight: 2.2 pounds.
- It comes with a filter basket that prevents the coffee powder or dust from falling in the water tank.
How long is the chord?
Ans: 100 cms
Can I use soft pod San Fran cups on it?
Ans: Yes, you can do that, you can also use Hazelnut, Hot Cocoa, or any K-cup from Keurig.
What is the power source? What type of batteries are used in it?
Ans: It doesn’t work on batteries you need a power source to plug it in and use it under 120V, 60Hz.
If you are looking for a simple programmable coffee maker that is simple to use and which serves you in the same way as your canteen coffee then this is the right choice. All you need to do is place your cup or travel mug under the reservoir and then press the lever and you’re done.
It also has the coffee gauge in the front so that you can check the level of the coffee present in the brewer.
- You can program it before 24 hours to brew coffee on time.
- Dimension: 22.5×14.2×17.2 inches
- Weight: 9 pounds
How tall of the cup can fit under the spout?
Ans: You can use a cup of almost 5 ½ inches.
Can I use paper filters in this?
Ans: Yes, you can
In what colors is the product available?
Ans: It is available in grey or black.
Hamilton Beach is one of the best brands available out there in the market. This coffee maker is a 14- ounce coffee maker which is perfectly suitable for someone who lives alone in their dorm rooms. You can brew coffee with or without pods that don’t make any difference in your coffee. The difference comes in the quantity of the coffee, when you do not use a pod then you get 10 oz of coffee, while when you use a pod you get 14-oz coffee. It also comes up with an adjustable cup rest that helps you to fit different types of mugs, all you need to do is lower the lid and press brew, and your coffee is served.
- It comes with FlexBrew which helps to heat water only when you are ready to brew coffee.
- It comes with a 14 oz travel mug.
- Dimensions: 9.92×13.07×6 inches
- Weight: 3.22 pounds.
Does it come with auto-shutoff?
Ans: Yes, it does
Can I use cup case liners for filters?
Ans: It comes with a secondary re-usable filter basket to use instead of k-cups.
Can I empty the filter, by removing the water completely while traveling?
Ans: Yes, you can do that.
This brings us to the end of this article in which we understood what factors to consider while buying a good coffee maker for college, also the types of the coffee maker and the best coffee maker available in the market. You can choose anyone you like from the list or check them offline and share your experience. You can also add some products so that we can update our list but only add those which were helpful to you so that it might be easy for us to review. Till then Keep Brewing!