Are you looking to set up a coffee store with the best coffee in your area? Do you want to get the best commercial coffee maker that would do that job for you, but aren’t sure which one to get? Then don’t worry, we are here to help you. In this article, we will explain everything about the commercial coffee maker, so that at the end of the article you are aware of what factors to consider while buying a coffee maker and which commercial coffee maker would be the best to start your business.
When it comes to setting up your own business, it basically on others’ investments, and when you are investing money in a business you need the best returns in less time so that you can repay the loans you have taken up from the market. Now, to do so you need the best equipment and serve the best coffee if you are setting up a coffee shop. So if you are not able to choose one we will help you to do so.
There are many different types of coffee machines available in the market in which you need to choose the best one suited for your coffee shop. Now the best commercial espresso machines are used for making more coffee usually used in cafés. There are two types of commercial espresso machines, the semi-automatic one and the super-automatic one.
The semi-automatic machine needs some skills in coffee making, so you need to make sure that either you or your staff has some Barista making skills to get along with the semi-automatic machines.
The super-automatic machines are of two types, one step, and two-step.
One step super-automatic machines do not require any skills and anyone can make delicious coffee out of it,
The two-step machine is kind of a mixture of super-automatic and semi-automatic machines, so the staff needs to pour milk into the machine, and then your coffee is served. So you need to choose between the two which would be comfortable for you.
If you are someone who doesn’t have enough coffee making skills and wants the best coffee maker in your shop then you can go for a one-step super-automatic Coffee maker, because it does all the job by itself. But they are slightly costly as well,
so if you have a trained staff then semi-automatic coffee Makers will be the best for you. Also, if you need the best coffee to be served then semi-automatic coffee makers do a pretty good job, but if you are looking at ease in making your coffee then the super-automatic coffee maker would do the job for you.
Now when you know which coffee maker to get lets now get into different coffee makers available in the market and understand about them.
BEST COMMERCIAL COFFEE MAKERS
Bunn coffee makers are one of the best coffee makers in the market and if you are looking for a quality coffee maker from a reputed brand then BUNN coffee maker is the one. The body of the coffee machine is made of stainless steel and it comes with three warmers, all present at the bottom.
Now, as it is a commercial coffee machine it can give 3.8 gallons of coffee per hour. So a perfect coffee machine for a private café.
As many of the coffee machines require plumbing to relocate, but BUNN coffee makers do not require any plumbing, all you need to do is pour cold water in the reservoir and then unplug it to relocate/transport.
When it comes to making coffee most of us prefer automatic machines and thus BUNN coffee machine is fully automatic, which does not require any professional staff to make coffee and you can just pour cold water and wait for it to get hot, and then pour some coffee powder to get delicious coffee. But remember it doesn’t have an indicator to show that the water is hot, so you need to keep that in mind. You can also have a look at different BUNN coffee makers for your home here
- It runs on 120V/60Hz power.
- It comes with splash guard funnel which prevents hot beverages from falling on your hand.
- Dimensions: 17.7×16.4×17.8 inches
- Weight: 24 pounds.
How much time does it take to brew coffee?
Ans: It might take 3-4 minutes to brew coffee.
Can I use the decanters on the warmer?
Ans: Yes, you can use a plastic decanter on the warmer.
Can I use glass decanters for this unit?
Ans: Yes, you also get a replacement for GFS.
Hamilton as well produces top-notch products that have no competitor and ease of use techniques.
In this commercial coffee maker, to make a coffee all you need to do is open the lid from the top and fill in the water and then turn it on to serve delicious coffee to your customers.
Hamilton coffee makers have this formula of producing more cups of coffee in a minute and in the same way this commercial coffee maker can make up to 60 cups of coffee in a minute, but you need a warm heater to keep the temperature of the machine hot. Like all the other coffee makers this is also made up of stainless steel.
- It comes with one hand dispensing, so serving coffee becomes easier.
- It keeps the heater warm so that you constantly get hot coffee out of the machine.
- It has a stainless steel exterior.
- Dimensions: 12.3×12.3×18 inches.
- Weight: 8.44 pounds.
Can I use it to make hot chocolate?
Ans: The temperature is too hot for making hot chocolate, but it should work for instant hot chocolate.
How long is the coffee fresh once it’s ready to serve?
Ans: It should stay fresh for an hour.
How much power does it use?
Ans: It consumes 1000 watts.
La-Pavoni is one of the top products in our list. This sibling of the La-Pavoni T3 group is a legendry machine that can make up to 600 cups of espresso per day. It has a boiler size of 14 liters, and separate solenoids which help multiple users use the coffee machine at the same time.
The boiler also comes with heat exchangers and front injectors for each group and also contains a radiator hydraulic system for each group. The coffee machine comes with groups that contain press-forged brass and is chrome plated.
- It comes with separate solenoids for each group.
- The boiler comes with heat exchangers and front injectors.
- It has an dispositif anti-appel.
- It also has an anti-vacuum valve.
- Boiler Capacity: 14L
- Voltage: 220-240V
- Heating element: 4370 watts
- Dimensions: 700mm x 510 mm x 522 mm
- Weight: 59 kg
How much power does it use?
Ans: It uses 1000 watts.
What is the capacity of the boiler?
Ans: It is 14 liters.
How many group heads does it have?
Ans: It comes with2 group heads.
With brewing time less than a minute and a full touchscreen display Keurig k155 pro allows you to get that rich coffee taste in your coffee. The best thing that I like about this machine which you won’t be able to find in others is that it has this temperature control option that lets you control the brewing temperature so that your coffee is not too hot.
Also with this machine on board you can now use K-cups of any size and enjoy serving your customers:
- It has 4 different brew volumes – 4, 6, 8, 10 oz.
- It comes with a full touchscreen display.
- Dimensions: 14×10.38×13.8 inches
- Weight: 6 pounds.
Can the machine be plumbed?
Ans: No, Keurig machines do not support plumbing.
What is the difference between 150 and 155?
Ans: K155 does not brew 12-ounce, so to brew 12-ounce you need to brew 6-ounce twice.
Can I plug it into the water line?
Ans: Yes, but you need a hookup kit for it.
There are few formulae for making the best coffee which includes good flavor, the best taste,etc., and these come with the Breville Barista machine, you can make excellent coffee for your self and with precise espresso extraction that helps to automatically control the temperature of the water, for getting optimal Espresso. You can also improve the flavor of your coffee and create a latte by using the micro-foam milk testing, which also comes handy with the machine. It also comes with the grind size dial that gives you complete control over grinding irrespective of the type of bean you are using.
With dose control grinding the machine delivers the correct amount of ground coffee directly into the pro-filter, according to the taste of the customer with any roast of a bean.
- Power: 1600 Watts
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Bean Hopper capacity: ½ lb
- Water tank capacity: 67-ounces
- Dimensions: 12x11x13.5 inches
- Weight: 23 pounds.
What drinks can I use it to make other than espresso?
Ans: No you cannot use it to make drinks
Can you make ristretto shots using this machine?
Ans: Yes you can
Is it programmable?
Ans: No it isn’t programmable.
With this group 2 machine, there is nothing you cannot do, it has these indicators that help you make your coffee at night too. If you are looking for a machine that has very less investments but gives excellent results then Nuova Simonelli has got aurelia II especially for you. Aurelia II looks stunning and is very easy to use. Now the programmable nature of the machine means that you can train up new baristas and then you can get them ready to serve in minutes.
Now, coming to the best part or the best feature of the machine is that you can program the group heads in 4 ways, it might be single or double short or single or double long, and also the machine has a manual override option, so you can choose any of the option to use the machine effectively.
Also, there is a Soft Infusion System that comes with the machine which helps you get an extremely soft espresso with no harshness.
- Volumetric or manual disclosing.
- The machine also has surface LEDs.
- The machine comes with heat exchange with a copper boiler which helps you to brew and steam simultaneously with a constant temperature.
- Freshwater is kept in the water reservoir for each group so that no stagnant water or alkaline water ruins your espresso.
Is it easy to install?
Ans: These machines are to be installed by professional Simonelli technicians and you need to check whether it is perfectly installed or not. Btw, you can also get professional barista training from experts provided by Simonelli technicians.
What is the weight of the machine?
Ans: It is of 195 pounds and the shipping weight is 220 pounds.
Does the machine has a built-in auto-frothing wand?
Ans: It comes with an optional auto steam wand and there is also a direct water line hookup.
Now, as we are done with the best products available in the market let’s understand how to buy a good machine and if you do not like the products we mentioned in the list, you can look up to the buying guide and check for the product that satisfies all the points mentioned in the buying guide.
BUYING GUIDE FOR BEST COMMERCIAL COFFEE MAKERS
- Type and volume of business: Now, while buying a commercial coffee machine you need to understand, your volume of business, whether it is small private café or a big café so that you can get an estimate of your budget and you can also understand what kind of machine you need to get for your café so that you can make coffee in less time because nowadays no one likes to wait. So, based on your volume of business you can check different types of group heads in your coffee machine so that you can produce more cups of coffee every time you refill. Also, the more group heads, the more staff can work on it at the same time getting coffee.
FYI – 2 group heads (4 cups of coffee)
3 group heads (6 cups of coffee/drinks)
4 group heads (8 cups of coffee/drinks).
- BUDGET: As mentioned above, you need to understand your volume of business, and also budget so that you do not go over budget because you have to set up the other things as well, also you need to be in the budget so that you keep your investments low and get high returns as well. Also, you need a branded product that is of good quality and helps you to serve your customers well, so you need to keep that in mind and get a product that does all of it for you. So set a rock-solid budget which you will spend on a good machine.
- Boiler Size: The boilers also play a great role in serving your customer, different sizes of group heads have different boiler sizes, so if you want a machine with good boiler size your machine needs to have 3-4 group heads so that you can easily get an 18-22 liters boiler size. Here is a list of boiler sizes you get with different group heads.
1 group head – 1.8 ltr to 5 ltr
2 group head – 5 ltr to 12 ltr
3 group head – 11 ltr to 18 ltr
4 group head – 20 ltr to 22 ltr.
But remember the size of the boilers doesn’t affect your espresso production and is only concerned with the size of your drinks.
- Group heads – We have been discussing them for a while now, group heads decide your espresso production, it also decides how many staff members can work on the machine simultaneously and the, of course, the boiler sizes might also depend on the group heads. For smaller restaurants, a single group head machine will do the job pretty well but if you want to get a big restaurant and also a café then you need to get the machine with 4 group heads so that it can make more drinks and serve more people simultaneously. If you are planning to get a café on a busy street or at a station or bus stop then you might get a three-group head machine as your shop will always be full of customers during the night, at the dusk time, so you need to know in which area you are setting up your shop and what kind of shop you are setting in to get a good and perfect coffee maker for yourself.
Apart from these things you need to look into how much power does your machine consumer per day and does it have a power-saving option or not, does it have a temperature control option or it auto-adjusts to temperature, does it consume much space or can I accommodate it on my kitchen desk easily, can I plumb it or not, all these features are not very common and not very necessary but if you get a machine with all these features then it would be the icing on a cake. So look out for these features as well.
Concluding the article, I would like to tell you that if you do not find any product of your choice let us know so that we can do our research and help you out. Other than that, if you found any product that is not on the list and is working perfectly for you please let us know so that we can get a chance of improvement.
Till then keep brewing!