If you want to make the most delicious coffee instantly then there is only one way of doing that, and its pour over coffee maker, this doesn’t let you waste your coffee beans and also help you get the best coffee with the best flavors and for even more good results you can use a dripper. Now, the use of a grinder, kettle, and scale would make the brew taste even better. You might think that there is plenty of pour-over coffee makers available in the market, which to choose? How to choose? And what factors do you need to consider while choosing the best pour-over coffee maker?
So, don’t worry we are here to help you, in this article, we will be covering all about the best pour-over coffee makers available in the market and also a buying guide so that if you do not like the products you can check the buying guide that would give you a clear idea on which type of pour-over coffee maker you need to buy. Also, the whole idea of writing this article is that people often think you need expensive coffee machines to get the best coffee, but that’s not right, even pour-over coffee maker which might be little old-fashioned but it’s the best way to get the most delicious coffee with the best flavors at your home.
The best thing that we like about pour-over coffee makers is that you can control the amount of coffee you want or the number of coffee beans you mix in the coffee. Talking about percolation, percolation is a technique in which you pour ground coffee and let gravity do that work and help ground coffee in settling. Making a pour-over coffee is difficult compared to making normal coffee using a coffee machine, you need to correct the number of beans, the correct temperature and you can make only one cup at a time, but once you get along it won’t be that difficult.
The Chemex brewer has been there since World War II before Chemex brewer there was Mellita filter made by a German housewife Melitta Bentz, and since then pour-over coffee has been seen in many coffee professionals, but pour-over coffee makers have broken the ice there, and now anyone who wants an instant delicious cup of coffee can have a pour-over coffee maker and make a cup of coffee for himself.
Now, here are some best pour-over coffee makers you can buy if you crave for the best coffee every morning.
BEST POUR OVER COFFEE MAKERS
1. Kalita Wave:
Kalita Wave is the best pour-over coffee maker right now, also you do want to make coffee a complicated thing by involving scales, manual grinders, and kettles, then Kalita wave is the best choice for you. Also, if you want slow coffee then Kalita Wave is the best option anyone can have.
As it does not come with filters you need to buy them online or offline so you will need Kalita filter and gooseneck kettle for better coffee brewing. As a beginner, you might find it pretty difficult to make coffee
but if you are someone who knows to brew coffee and have had few experiences of making coffee then you might find it easy. The success of your brew depends on the factor that how much time is the hot water in contact with the grounds.
It makes coffee brewing easy because of the flat bottom, which is a three-holed bottom that prevents the flowing of water and makes more concentrated coffee.
- It has ridged filters keep the slurry out of drippers walls which allows air to even out the flow of water and also helps it to act as an insulator which is kind of a medium so that it can keep your brew hot.
- It comes with two different sizes, 155 and 185. The 155 is a single cup coffee maker and the 185 can make 2-3 cups of coffee.
- Dimensions: 4.8×4.5×2.5 inches
- Weight: 0.32 ounces.
How many ounces can you brew at once?
Ans: It can make 28 ounces each time you brew.
What is the height of the resting base to the top of the cup?
Ans: It is 2 ¾ inches in height.
How wide is the base?
Ans: It is 4 inches wide.
2. Chemex Coffee Maker:
If you are looking for a glass shaped coffee maker that would also improve your kitchen’s design then you can surely go for Chemex Coffee Maker, is the best.
It is made up of a non-porous Borosilicate, that does not absorb any odors and leaves no chemical residues and has also no moving parts which make it best in the business. If you are someone who wants quality and branded product and want to use it for forever, then Chemex is the one you are looking it,
but remember you should not drop it, as it is made of glass, it breaks that obvious, so without dropping it if you are gonna use it then it lasts long.
It also comes with a wooden collar which prevents the coffee from falling on your hands. It is easily attachable and detachable, with a leather tie strap, which makes it easy to clean.
- All the coffee makers are measure 5 oz as 1 cup.
- It comes with two different style options.
- You can cover the coffee or refrigerate and reheat it without losing the flavor of the coffee.
- Dimensions: 9.6×6.4×1.3 inches
- Weight: 1.3 pounds.
- Capacity: 40 ounces.
Can I use regular coffee filters?
Ans: No, you cannot these coffeemakers are specially made for using only Chemex filters, and the construction is also done in the same way. If you use another filter, the coffee grounds might fall in the coffee.
What comes in the box?
Ans: The 8 cup Chemex with wood and leather collar.
What size filter should I use?
Ans: It takes FC-100 round or FS-100 square and only Chemex filters.
3. Clever Dripper Coffee Maker:
If you are a beginner and want to get started with pour-over coffee maker and learn new skills then clever dripper coffee maker is the best choice for someone like you. Coming to the difference between clever dripper and another coffee maker, and the best thing that we like about the machine is its stopping technique. This technique stops the coffee flowing out until you place it in the cup. It also helps to customize brew based on your sleeping time.
- It is available only in plastic style.
- It is available in 1 to 4 cup sizes.
- It comes in a larger and smaller version of 18 oz and 11 oz respectively.
- Dimensions: 4.9×4.9×4.9 inches
- Weight: 8 ounces.
What is the size filter for small CCD?
Ans: The large has a 4 cone filter, the small might take 2 cone filter.
What is the capacity of the large size filter?
Ans: The large filter can hold up to 16 ounces.
Does it come with a lid?
Ans: No, it doesn’t come with a lid.
4. Bodum Pour-Over Coffee Maker:
Bodum is a brand that has recently entered the pour-over scene but because of the quality of the product it makes one cannot tell that it is new to the market, they have the best products and the best features in their products.
Coming to the pour-over coffee maker it comes with a sleek design and is of the glass body. It also has this water-resistant silicone collar and has a temperature-resistant grip which makes holding the coffee maker very comfortable.
It has a mesh filter which is made of stainless steel and is relatively very easy to use.
- It is BPA free.
- It uses a mesh style filter.
- The carafe is made up of heat resistant glass material.
- Dimensions: 5.43×0.87×5.43 inches
- Weight: 1.08 pounds.
What is the total height of the 8 cup maker with the cone on?
Ans: It is 8.5 inches.
Is there no plastic permanent filter that comes with the coffee maker?
Ans: It comes with an aluminum and plastic one.
How do I clean the filter?
Ans: Rinse it in hot water and then use brush, soap and hot water to keep the mesh filter clean.
5. Hario V60 Ceramic Pour-Over Coffee Maker:
Coming to the Industry favorite pour-over coffee maker Hario V60, made in Japan, is one of the best coffee makers you will see in the market. Hario V60 has been made to deliver the best coffee and favorable coffee every time you brew. The Hario V60 is made of ceramic so that your coffee remains hot for a long time after brewing. The best thing about the coffee maker is that you can use either paper filter or cloth filter. Also, it has a hole below which helps water to flow and the taste of your coffee depends very much on how you pour through it. If you are a beginner and are ready to get a hands-on experience of the coffee maker then Hario V60 is the best one to start with.
- You can get either metal, glass, plastic, or ceramic coffee maker, whichever suits you.
- It has ridged vortex shape which is especially there to stop the paper filter from sticking to the sides of the cone while brewing.
- It also makes sure that the grounds are extracted completely always.
- It comes with Hario heat resistant glass.
- Dimensions: 20x15x14 inches
- Weight: 12.32 pounds.
How long does the white color be on the dripper?
Ans: It lasts for almost 3 months or depending on your usage.
Ans: Only one.
Is the ceramic lead-free?
Ans: Yes, it is.
Hoping you have got an idea about the products available in the market, so now let’s jump into the buying guide so that if you do not like any of these products you can check the buying guide to get any product you like in the market.
BUYING GUIDE FOR POUR-OVER COFFEE MAKERS:
Gear: Now before talking about different options we would like to help you gather all the gear required to make the best pour-over coffee.
You will need a burr grinder, a kettle but a slow pouring one, a gram scale, and also a thermometer to maintain the temperature of your brew, and also you can know whether your coffee is hot for a longer time or not when you use a different kind of brewers.
- The Grinder: The most important thing to get and the first thing to get to make a pour-over coffee is the grinder. If you want to make the best coffee consistently then a good burr grinder is a must. If you have a good burr grinder then most of the things in the procedure of making a pour-over coffee are sorted. Another thing what we wanted to tell you is that if your coffee constantly is thin, weak, or sour then you need to try out a finer grinder and if your coffee is harsh, bitter then you need to tune your grinder to be slightly coarse setting so that you get the perfect coffee. According to the National Coffee Association, “always grind your beans as close to the brew time as possible for maximum freshness. A burr or mill grinder is the best because the coffee is ground to a consistent size.
- Budget: The most important thing to consider while buying any coffee maker is the budget. You need to look at your budget and get the best pour-over coffee maker which comes in your budget because these are not the things that you need to go out of your budget because if your budget is of 30$ you get very good brewers below 30$, so you need to keep that in mind and check all your sources to get the branded and best quality product within your budget.
- Filters: Once you are done with the budget you can choose over the filters you need in your coffee maker, they can be anyone among the paper, metal, and cloth filters. Paper filters are permanent and the most commonly used by people. But they are also delicate and also it doesn’t allow coffee oils and smaller particles to get into your cup of coffee, which helps your coffee to become light when compared to the metal filter. Metal filters are nothing but mesh filters which again extract the oils and other slit fine particles from your coffee. Now come to the cloth filters and they create very less waste and also absorb the flavor and aroma which makes your coffee taste like a sock. Cloth filters are slightly hard to clean than the paper filter.
- Materials: Coming to the materials of the coffee maker you can choose over four of them, metal, ceramic, glass, and plastic. Metal is slightly durable and heats very quickly but are expensive and durable. Also, metal brewers lose heat very quickly so your coffee might not be hot for too long so you need to consume it as soon as possible. But you can get a copper cup so that your coffee tastes better than normal or other coffee makers.
Coming to the Glass coffee makers they are bit fragile but some of them are made of borosilicate glass so that they do not take up flavors from previous brews and do not get stains easily but you need to keep in mind that you do not drop them because they break once dropped, same goes with the ceramic ones too. Ceramic coffee makers are very popular because they add up to your kitchen design and are cheaper when compared to metal and heats very easily but slightly more than plastic brewer. Also, it is very easy to clean the ceramic brewers.
Now plastic coffee brewers are the best because they last very long, and are cheap. So
it’s good when you are planning for a trip or a picnic.
- Portability: As most of the coffee makers take very less space and are compact you need to look for coffee makers that take up less space on your kitchen desk. Also, it must be portable because it will be easy for you to transport and take it with you for an outing or camping. It also must be lightweight so that it is easy to carry.
- Ease of use and clean: Always use a pour-over coffee maker that is very easy to use and easy to clean so that it does not take much effort because if you are someone who is working all the night and want a cup of coffee then you need to clean the coffee makers and if it’s hard to clean then it becomes tough for you to make a cup of coffee. So always choose a better branded, quality, and easy to clean the coffee maker.
- Brew Time and Brew Capacity: Choose a coffee maker that has more brew capacity and lesser brew time, of course, you need to give some time to your coffee to brew but not more than 3-4 minutes because that might be frustrating, so get a coffee maker that has lesser brew time and has bit more brew capacity so that if someone arrives at your home you can serve him/her coffee and enjoy coffee together.
After these, there are other things to consider which are not that important but you can keep them in your subconscious mind so that you do not forget if you are getting them and they are if the coffee maker is easy to maintain or not, are the accessories like gooseneck kettle, or scales present or not.
Does your coffee taste well or not, is it adapting the taste of the metal or the brewer, are you using fresh coffee beans or not, the coffee maker which you are using is an immersion or an infusion type, where immersion type coffee maker is where all the ground coffee is extracted with the brewing water and the latter thing i.e.,
the infusion coffee makers, so most of the pour-over coffee makers are the infusion coffee makers. So in infusion fresh water is poured with ground coffee to extract the coffee. Also, the automatic drip coffee makers use infusion so that might be one thing to keep in mind.
Coming to the end of the article, in this article, we have explained to you everything about the pour-over coffee makers so if you do not like any of the products you can check out the buying guide and get a better product for yourself.
Till then keep brewing.